Request for has any active projects within digital transmission and the migration away from outdated end of life systems

Reference: 24004

Date Added: Monday, April 29, 2024

Category: Miscellaneous

Disclosure Details

Thank you for your email.

Two duties are placed on public authorities under Section 1 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA). Notwithstanding applicable exemptions, the first duty at, Section 1(1) (a), is to confirm or deny whether the information specified in a request is held. The second duty at, Section1 (1) (b), is to disclose information that has been confirmed as being held. Under the provisions of those sections of the FOIA, we can confirm that the information you seek is not held by the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Gwent.

You requested the following information:

  • I am requesting information under the Freedom of Information act. I would like to know if your organization  has any active projects within digital transmission and  the migration away from outdated end of life systems. If there is no active project, could you please advise when you would be looking to exercise this project

No information held

  • I would also like to request who the appointed contact/ department would be in terms of the transformation

Gwent Police provides ICT support services to the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner, so you may wish to contact them for the information requested via the following link I want to find information about the police | Gwent Police

The Freedom of Information Act is a public disclosure regime, not a private regime. Any information disclosed under the Act is thereafter deemed to be in the public domain, and therefore freely available to the general public and will be published on the OPCC website.

You have the right to appeal our decision if you think it is incorrect. Should you feel dissatisfied with this response or the way in which your request was handled, information on the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Gwent FOI Appeals Procedure can be found on our website:

If you remain dissatisfied after an internal review decision, you have the right to apply to the Information Commissioner’s Office. The Commissioner is an independent regulator whose details can be found using the following link

You can also write to the Information Commissioner’s Office at the following address:

Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF