The Commissioner is supported by a team of people to ensure that he is able to fulfil all aspects of his role to the best of his ability.
As Head of Paid Services, Chief Executive, Siân Curley, is responsible for employing and managing the staff team (other than the Chief Finance Officer), as well as providing a monitoring role with regard to standards.
Chief Finance Officer, Darren Garwood-Pask advises the Commissioner on all financial matters such as the impact of the budget and all spending and commissioning decisions.
Both the Chief Executive and the Chief Finance Officer report to the Commissioner.
Organisational structure and salaries
Police and Crime Commissioner: Jeff Cuthbert: £73,302.
Deputy Police and Crime Commissioner: Eleri Thomas: £57,177.
Chief Executive & Monitoring Officer: Sian Curley: £102,717.
• Office Manager: £33,915 - £35,982.
• PA to Executive Team (job share): £27,789 - £29,874.
• PA to Executive Team: £27,789 - £29,874.
• Administrative Assistant: £24,291 - £27,351.
Head of Communications & Engagement: £51,252 - £54,600.
• 2 Communications & Engagement Officers: £36,996 - £39,036.
Head of Assurance & Compliance (Deputy Monitoring Officer & Data Protection Officer): £51,252 - £54,600.
• Governance Officer: £33,915 - £35,982.
• Standards & Governance Officer: £33,915 - £35,982.
Head of Strategy: £51,252 - £54,600.
• 3 Policy Officers: £36,996 - £39,036.
Chief Finance Officer & S151 Officer: Darren Garwood-Pask: £102,717.
• Principal Finance & Commissioning Manager: £51,252 - £54,600.
• Business & Finance Officer: £33,915 - £35,982.
The Commissioner has a statutory obligation to publish the number of staff in their team, including the proportion of staff who are women and (to the knowledge of the Commissioner) are members of an ethnic minority and/or have a disability.
The OPCC team currently includes the following staff (excluding the PCC and Deputy PCC):
Number of posts in the structure: 18 (full time equivalent)
Proportion of staff who are women: 14
Proportion of staff who are members of an ethnic minority: 1
Proportion of staff who have a disability: 2